Workers’ Comp FAQs

Do You Need A Lawyer?

Yes. Although you can apply without a lawyer, more than two-thirds of people who apply for disability benefits are DENIED by Social Security.

Social Security’s own statistics show that benefits are awarded far more frequently to people with representatives than to those who handle their own claims. 
Contact Solomon, Sullivan & Romo today to start your disability claim in North Florida or South Georgia.

Tallahassee Workers Compensation FAQs:

If I’m injured at work, what should I do first?

Immediately report your injury or illness to your employer. You should also immediately seek medical treatment for your injury or illness. Don't wait to get better!

Once you've received proper treatment you should receive a Report of Injury from your employer and obtain a return to work report to give to your employer. Once you have your injury report, contact an experienced law firm like Solomon, Sullivan and Romo to start your Workers' Compensation claim.

Even if you do return to work, you may still have a claim.

Why can’t I choose to file a lawsuit against my employer instead of making a Workers’ Comp claim?

The Workers’ Comp system is set up to make a compromise between you and your employer. This means both sides have to give and take. You can’t file a lawsuit against your employer and your employer can’t make certain legal defenses that might shut down your claim. Additionally, because your employer is required to pay your claim, it won’t have to pay damages in a possible lawsuit.

When should I talk to a lawyer about my industrial injury claim?

The Workers' Compensation laws are complex and constantly changing. A qualified and experienced Workers' Compensation attorney can assist you with the process of obtaining benefits and make sure you receive all the benefits you are entitled to under the Georgia and Florida state laws.

If you have questions, never hesitate to contact a qualified Workers' Comp attorney at any time during your claim process. A qualified attorney like one from Solomon, Sullivan and Romo can often answer your questions during the initial consultation and make recommendations for moving forward.

Before pursuing benefits or if your claim was denied, contact Solomon, Sullivan and Romo for the legal help you need.

How do I protest or appeal an unfavorable order from the Department of Labor & Industries?

Filing an appeal can be a lengthy and expensive process. Contact Solomon, Sullivan and Romo immediately if you receive a denial or rejection order from the Department. We can review your claim and take appropriate action within the protest or appeal period.

Any unfavorable decision must be protested or appealed within 60 days of receipt or it becomes final and binding.

What information will my attorney need?

Your attorney will need the following information:

  • The Report of Injury from your employer
  • Medical records
  • Contact information for your doctor(s)
  • Work history
  • Your contact information, including name, phone number, address, email address, Social Security number, age, etc.
  • A copy of your most recent paystub